Register for a Wedding
Congratulations on your engagement!
Please setup an appointment with Father Andre Metrejean, the Pastor,
at least 6 months before the desired wedding date by calling 337-937-6888 and speaking with Connie.
Scroll down to find "Tips for choosing a mentor couple," useful links, and other marriage prep resources.
The wedding policies are found in the Wedding Prep Checklist.
Wedding Preparation Resources
Register for Periodic Continence Training
(also known by some as Natural Family Planning)
Tips for Discerning a Mentor Couple
Prayerfully consider the choice of a mentor couple whom:
- Whom you both admire
- Whom you are comfortable with
- Who practices and is active in their Catholic Faith
- Who attends Catholic Mass regularly
- Who has been married in the Church for five years or more
- Who are in good standing with the Church
- Whom you can look at and say “I would be happy to have a marriage like that,” or “I love the way they talk to each other and to their kids”
- Who attends your church parish or the parish where you will be attending church after the wedding. You do not have to know the couple well or even at all
- Who you feel will hold you accountable, inspire you and challenge you
- Who is, preferably, not an immediate relative unless the couple that you both are most comfortable with and admire happens to be a relative
- Who will take their role seriously
- Who is not a peer or a “buddy”