High School Confirmation
Our high school IGNITE! program is now a combination of high school religious education and a three-year sacramental preparation program, and as a result, we now refer to each year as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of Sacramental Preparation for Holy Confirmation and "Fresh Fire" for confirmed teens. View details about the activity schedule for our Year 3 teen Confirmation Candidates. NOTE: Teen candidates in Year 3, as well as candidates in Year 1 and Year 2, must attend IGNITE! classes on a regular basis throughout the three years of Sacramental prep and religious education. Read details regarding the IGNITE! schedule here.
- Reminder: School-age candidates who desire to receive a Sacrament must also be enrolled in age-appropriate Religious Education classes. View registration information here. View instructions to edit PDF files here.
Catholic Adult Confirmation is available for Catholic adults who have never received the Sacrament of Holy Confirmation. This program is separate from the Sacramental preparation program which is available to high school candidates. Read more about our Confirmation program for adults.
- Non-Catholics who desire to be gradually introduced to the Catholic way of life and prepare for the reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation are welcome to enroll in our RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
Sacramental Preparation for Catholic Adults
Program Leader: Father Metrejean
Contact: Church Parish Office
Details to be announced. Review the dress code for all Confirmation candidates here.
Sacramental Preparation (Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation) for Non-Catholic Adults
Program Leader: Joe Tinker
Contact: Church Parish Office
The R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) program is designed to welcome and bring non-Catholic adults into full communion with the Catholic Church. It includes Sacramental preparation for Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation.
Contact Person: Mrs. Lindsay Lege
A parent must accompany each Year 3 candidate (and his/her sponsor) to the first Confirmation luncheon of the school year. (View our current Schedule of Classes here.) After that date, only Year 3 Confirmation candidates and their sponsors must attend a monthly Confirmation luncheon after the 11:00 a.m. Sunday Mass throughout the school year. Please read the following notes:
- If a sponsor must be absent from a Confirmation luncheon, a parent must accompany the candidate to the luncheon.
- In addition, the candidate must attend all IGNITE! (high school religion classes) even though some of those sessions will be scheduled on the same date as the luncheons.
- NOTE: Parents and friends who enjoy cooking and would like to donate (no reimbursement) and serve a luncheon meal are invited to contact the church parish office.
Candidates' Dress Code to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation: Review the dress code for Confirmation here.
Confirmation Retreat and Rehearsal: TBA
Sacrament of Holy Confirmation: TBA; the Confirmation Mass will be followed by a cake and punch reception on the front lawn of the church (weather permitting)
Reminder: Candidates who desire to receive a Sacrament must also be enrolled in age-appropriate Religious Education classes. View/download our 2017-18 registration packet here.