Click on any CURRENT EVENT links which attract your attention!
Preparations for our two-week Elementary Summer Religious Education Program for Grades 1-5 are underway!
- Dates/Time: Monday-Friday; June 4-15, 2018; 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- Because our summer program serves as the bulk of our religion program for our elementary students, students who are already enrolled in our 2017-18 elementary program are already enrolled in the summer program in their CURRENT GRADE and are expected to attend. T-shirt sizes and medical information are due by April 30. (Late registrants will also receive a t-shirt, but it may not be included in the first order of shirts which will be distributed on Days 1-2 of the summer program.) Read our 2018 Parent & Camper Update for a description of the 2018 Elementary Summer Religion Program.
- New elementary students are always welcome! Parents must submit a 2017-18 registration form (and the registration fee) and provide T-shirt and medical information ASAP. (NOTE: Finances should never prevent a child from enrolling in our programs. Please call our church office to speak with Mrs. Connie or Mrs. Frances regarding financial assistance.)
- As always (in our elementary program), when absences occur, parents are encouraged to download the necessary make-up packets from our Elementary Religious Education web page, read through the material with their child(ren), and sign/return the last page of each packet so Mrs. Frances can make the appropriate notation on the attendance chart to indicate that the child did, indeed, make up the daily lesson with the help of his/her parent.
- We will need the help of 50+ volunteers! Parents, grandparents, high school students, and middle school students are encouraged to download, fill out, and submit a 2018 volunteer form as soon as possible.
- A volunteer meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 30, in our church parish hall. The meeting should last approximately one hour.
- Volunteers who are 18 years old or older must be Safe Environment trained/certified. Our Safe Environment coordinator has scheduled a training session for new and/or returning volunteers immediately following the volunteer meeting. Returning volunteers may opt to certify online through Virtus.org. Information for online training is available at the bottom of this webpage.
Our church parish has, once again, subscribed to FORMED.org, a website filled with plenty of online Catholic resources for people of all ages. At no extra cost, parishioners can enjoy watching faith-based movies and informational videos, listening to audio talks, and/or reading online books wherever you may go. Besides having access to FORMED on your home computer or laptop, a free app is available for mobile devices. Our Parish Access Code and a list of suggested weekly titles is now published in our weekly bulletin.
View and/or print information regarding our most recent Parent Orientation Meeting (held on August 20, 2017).
- Fr. Metrejean's general remarks and reminders for parents (at the Parent Orientation Meeting)
- Reminders for parents of elementary students (Grades 1-5) and this year's Candidates for First Confession and First Communion
- Reminders for parents of high school students (Grades 9-12) and this year's Candidates for Confirmation
- Quick reminder for parents of middle school students (Grades 6-8):
- EDGE classes meet in our church parish hall almost every Monday evening (except on school holidays) from 6:15 to 7:45 p.m.
- Current Safe Environment training session details may be viewed below.
- Safe Environment Training for adults (age 18 and older) who wish to volunteer in our Religious Education and/or Sacramental Prep programs:.
- A first-time volunteer must attend an on-site Initial Training Session. (Please call our church parish office for information regarding and/or to register for an upcoming training dates.) To make efficient use of your time while filling out the necessary paperwork for the Diocese of Lafayette, please bring names and contact information for two personal and two work-related references.
- Returning volunteers may complete their annual Continuing Education re-certification at an on-site training session or online. Click on the link which best applies to you:
- First-time Continuing Education users of the diocesan-approved Virtus program.
- Continuing Education volunteers who have already used the diocesan-approved Virtus program
Make-up packets for our two-week Elementary Summer Religion Program and Sunday Sessions for Grades 1-5 are linked to our Elementary Religious Education page. (HINT: Click on the link, then scroll down to find the list of make-up packets for Days 1-10.)